Tuesday, February 03, 2009

The Sports Park in Puerto Vallarta

I loved this place.

It was just down the road from my hotel and while I usually take a break from exercise on holiday, I decided I would go for a run at the track every second morning. Nothing too strenuous, just enough to counter the desserts I ate every day at lunch and dinner.





Morning and night this free, outdoor sports facility was well used by locals. All ages, all abilities. One morning there was a track and field meet with kids from a private school that involved a three tiered podium and a horn section that bleated a fanfare when medals were awarded. Meanwhile the rest of us still got to used three running lanes and feel part of the event.



The complex stretched over several city blocks and besides the track there was an outdoor weightlifting area, boxing gym, many basketball courts, an open air aerobics studio and skateboard park.

No comments: